Edge of The Sandbox: Amplifying Community Engagement and Innovation

This is just a part of our SIP. We want to hear your feedback before we submit this proposal with more details.

Summary

“Edge of The Sandbox” proposes leveraging the Edge of NFT podcast, to amplify The Sandbox community’s initiatives and promote engagement within The Sandbox DAO. This SIP will aim to increase visibility and participation in governance and community activities using entertaining media content and our global outreach. We want to amplify the existing initiatives of TSB and TSB DAO and create new avenues for community outreach.

What: A strategic amplification plan via our Edge Of NFT podcast to foster community engagement within The Sandbox ecosystem and create global curiosity for the community and it’s initiatives.

Why: To increase visibility, engagement, and participation within The Sandbox community and the DAO and promote exciting initiatives that are being created within the community.

How: By leveraging Edge of NFT’s podcasts audience, and social media channels to spotlight community initiatives and promote participation.

When: Starting immediately and over 6 months, we’ll plan, schedule and record content, then review and evaluate the success of the content. We’ll also collect feedback from the community to plan future initiatives.

Who: The Edge of Company Inc. is a media and event company empowering the Web3 community through events like Outer Edge LA and Riyadh, and the Edge of NFT podcast, reaching over 150K enthusiasts and 5 million households across major platforms. Edge Of NFT has been steadfast supporters of The Sandbox ecosystem. Over the years, we have invited key leaders such as Yat Siu and Sebastien Borget to be keynote speakers at NFT LA (2022), Outer Edge LA (2023), and Outer Edge Riyadh (2024) and our podcast has featured leaders and creators from The Sandbox. We are committed to continuing to highlight and support the initiatives.

Background/Context

The Sandbox ecosystem is thriving with innovative projects and creators, but there is a significant opportunity to enhance visibility and engagement through media amplification. Previous initiatives have shown potential, but we think a more focused and integrated approach leveraging Edge of Company’s audience and omni-channel distribution can help these projects and awesome initiatives reach new heights.

Description

We propose that The Sandbox DAO sponsor a comprehensive media strategy that includes reccuring podcast segments, social media campaigns, and co-created content to spotlight key projects, creators, and governance activities within The Sandbox ecosystem and the DAO.

Rationale and benefit

Enhanced Visibility for The Sandbox Ecosystem: If we leverage our podcast and audience, we can significantly increase the visibility of the projects that are voted on and increase awareness of their initiatives. We would distribute the content through our network including all major podcast platforms, YouTube, Defiance media streaming cable network, and our newsletter and social channels, directly reaching over 53K and a broader audience of 150K+ Web3 enthusiasts. Through our podcast averages 5-20K+ streams/downloads per episode, and our reach extends to FAST TV and other platforms, including Myco.io and Binance Live, reaching over 5 million households we aim to amplify the message from The Sandbox to the world.

Community Engagement: We would love to create content that engage the community, drive participation, and increate the sense of belonging within The Sandbox ecosystem.

Educational Content: We want to create edu-taining content like demos and tutorials on our show as a segment to support education for the community so members are more inclined to participate and vote.

Promotion of Creators & Support for the DAO: We want to help showcase the work of creators within TSB, drive engagement and collaboration and update the DAO community on recent news. We will also promote SIP decisions and progression of their implementation to support the transparent governance process.

Broader goal = New user acquisition: Our broader objective is to encourage sign-ups on The Sandbox platform through each piece of new content as the entire world sees the initiatives and how acyive the community is. These new users will become active participants in the community, supporting the growth and engagement of The Sandbox ecosystem.

Thoughts?

The Web3 aspect of Sandbox is pretty dry as is the media of podcasting. The gaming side is much sexier and dynamic. I don’t know that a podcast would reach a critical mass of young people needed to stimulate a navigation to the site. I would agree that Sandbox needs some kind of content Director to make Sandbox marketing more enthusiastic and instruction videos be more systematic.

Hi DaruthTheHuman,

Thank you for your feedback! We’re actually totally aligned with your vision here is why:

• Our show appeals to a broader consumer audience, extending beyond the traditional Web3 sphere. We are on national cable TV and we leverage platforms like Myco.io to ensure our content reaches a broad spectrum of viewers. This helps us attract a diverse range of viewers, including those who might not yet be familiar with Web3 or Sandbox.

• A significant portion of our content, about one-third, is gaming-related. We’ve seen tremendous success in engaging this demographic, which shows our ability to connect with the gaming community effectively.

• We actively run contests as part of our show, specifically designed to engage gamers. These contests have received excellent responses, indicating our capability to stimulate interest and participation in gaming activities.

*One of our goals is to inspire people to create innovative game mechanics that align with Sandbox’s objectives. By fostering creativity in game development, we contribute to the growth and dynamism of the Sandbox ecosystem.

• We aim to amplify the entire Sandbox ecosystem, highlighting game development opportunities and exciting projects. Our objective is to attract a global audience, spark interest, and drive engagement across various demographics.

All in all, we share your vision of making Sandbox marketing more enthusiastic and systematic. Our media strategy includes dynamic content, engaging contests, and broad audience outreach, all aimed at enhancing visibility and participation in the Sandbox ecosystem.
By combining our media expertise with a focus on gaming content and broader consumer engagement, we believe we can effectively stimulate interest and drive traffic to Sandbox.

Hey EdgeOfNFT! Fellow podcaster here ! (SANDDAO podcast) :grinning:

I just finished watching your segment with Cyril and Seb a couple days ago, you asked some really good questions! I was impressed with how you peeled the onion back on “Why now?”

I like the idea of what you proposed and I’m for it! My podcast is exclusively about the Sandbox DAO, whereas yours seems like it combines short snippets of multiple projects and spaces into one video. You clearly have the reach and it’s drawing eyeballs to the Sandbox who normally wouldn’t cross paths with us. I think that’s really cool!

I want to get a little clarity on what you’re proposing.

1. What value does Edge of NFT get by digging deep into the Sandbox DAO? I’m asking because your interview with Seb & Cyril was about 12 minutes long of a 54 minute video, and your content spans a wide variety of Web3 projects and clearly is doing well with this strategy. I see some spotlight videos on your YouTube channel, but it doesn’t seem to stay on any one project

1. Rolls right into #2. When you say “sponsor a comprehensive media strategy”, what does “comprehensive” in this case mean in terms of quantity and timeline for the sponsorship package you envision? Are we talking a year’s worth of 12+ reccuring podcast segments? Less…more? How would your coverage of key projects, creators, and governance activity spotlights integrate with your current bandwidth for podcasts that you cover now?

Like I said. I love the idea. I see your podcast and mine as adding to the pie instead of being in competition with each other. Shoot, maybe we could have you as a guest on SANDDAO podcast to explain the details? :grinning: