SAND supply, how and when .

I don’t know if this is the DAO’s decision to begin with, but here is my question.
At the moment there are 2.28 billion SAND in circulation and with a total supply of 3 billion, that means that there is still more than 720 million SAND to be released into the market.
My question is how and when it is decided to release this amount to the market as this will obviously affect the market price.
Thank you all.

1 Like

Hello @Vincent8 , that’s correct!
It’s important to note that while The Sandbox has the flexibility to disburse the remaining SAND after 2025, we are very conscious of the negative price impact any large SAND sale could have.
The Sandbox team has demonstrated this awareness in the past, particularly during significant vesting cliffs, where SAND’s performance has held up well compared to tokens of a similar nature.
The foundation, company, and team are committed to a long-term vision for The Sandbox. This vision requires careful, long-term planning for our treasury, ensuring that any decisions we make regarding SAND disbursement align with our broader goals for sustainable growth and value creation within the ecosystem.

Hope it clears out!