SIP-6: MAGIC PALETTE - A powerful design tool for LAND Owners, Builders, and Creators

@sebga

From my podcast with Pepe earlier this week, I’d have to say it’s probably a magic solution to the builder’s problem of not having a palette of presents to procedurally generate new world… …hence the Magic Palette???

@Pepe How did I do :rofl:

2 Likes

ty for sharing your chanel, i follow.
This tool is Magic for sure :star_struck:

1 Like

We’re excited to have you with us. Dive in, explore, and feel free to share your ideas. Together, we can achieve great things!

2 Likes

Wow, so many new comments! Your support and engagement mean the world to us. We’re halfway through the voting period and have one week left to reach the quorum! We truly appreciate your votes and for sharing our vision of bringing new and exciting content to The Sandbox with Magic Palette.

If you’re interested in joining AMAs and following the development of Magic Palette, be sure to follow us on X. Recently, Sébastien Borget joined me to talk about the DAO and SIP-6 | Magic Palette. You can find the recording of this AMA in this tweet: x.com

@HighsGaminghUB Thanks for your vote and looking forward to finding out what projects like Battle Pugs will create with Magic Palette!

@AAA Thanks for your support. If the SIP gets passed we will be able to offer Magic Palette with all its core features as a free web app available for everyone.

@gamaccho We too, hehe. This is why we developed it. We can’t wait to see what you will create with it!

@empirical Thanks for your great thoughts. It is indeed our aim to help activate as many dormant LANDs with the help of Magic Palette. Procedural level generation and UGC has huge potential here we think. We also agree it needs more than just level design to make a fun game or hub. We see Magic Palette as a bridge and enabler to kickstart many new projects in tandem with the TSB native tools Game Maker or VoxEdit.

@Reizalyn Really nice of you to drop by and let us know that you like our approach. I think for talented Voxel artists like you it will be a gateway to create not only amazing assets but also astonishing levels in voxels now.

@PurpleLioness Haha this made my day, thanks so much and yes we think things need to tickle in first with many creators that there will be a vast amount of new options with Magic Palette. Thanks

@DaruthTheHuman We can’t agree more. We certainly will add more documentation for the Beta launch and will try to guide the new users with tutorials and workflow shorts. As stated in our SIP this is a milestone for Phase II.

@sebga Thanks a lot for your great feedback and vote! The naming comes from the core premise of Magic Palette turning colored voxels into blocks and this is happening through working with palettes. But you have some valid points as it can be also associated more with painting and similar fields.

@Lanzer Haha you did splendid! It’s the better answer than mine.

Thanks for sharing our stream on the SIP process. If anybody wants to hear the two of us giving guidance on outlining a solid SIP based on the provided template by The Sandbox DAO, be sure to give it a peek.

@gaenam I think we certainly shared many ideas - Adventure Awaits!

4 Likes

nice, made my vote. my first vote in the Sandbox DAO! big up

4 Likes

Nice! Welcome to the #SandFam DAO!

1 Like

Magic Palette will attract more new creators, will save a lot of their time and give more incentive to newbies to start creating.
Very cool, guys! Regards!

2 Likes

Hello #SandFam, the voting period for the SIP is closed.
SIP-6 has reached the quorum and been approved at 99,36% by the community.

Follow the updates on this SIP in SIP Implementation category.

Congrats again @Pepe !

3 Likes

Hello, some update for the SIP Implementation:

Implementation Phase 1: Completed :white_check_mark:

• Improve the voxel parser for seamless model transitions from MagicaVoxel and VoxEdit to Magic Palette: it’s upgraded and can now automatically slice any .vox file up to 192x192x128 voxels into LAND files compatible with TSB Game Maker. Based on the voxel model size, it generates 1x1, 2x1, or 2x2 LANDs. Magic Palette can load .vox files created in both MagicVoxel and VoxEdit.
  • Upgrade the dungeon generator set with over 60 possible rooms and structures: it now includes 64 custom tiles used to procedurally generate levels. This results in endless possibilities based on user settings like level height, structure density, room sizes, and landscape design.
  • Develop a secondary landscape generator integrated into the dungeon creator: implementation of a noise-based height map layer that can be toggled on or off during dungeon generation. This allows for not only flat terrain but also a natural-looking landscape where the dungeon structures are embedded.
  • Add the first 10 pre-fab styles for easy theme switching of a generated dungeon: the following themes give users the option to swap dungeon styles with one click: Ancient Egypt, Arctic Ice, Cyber Purple, Dark Temple, Deep Sea, Red Brick, Smoldering Ash, Valentine, White Stone, and Wooden Fort.
4 Likes

Hello, a new update for this SIP to inform that Phase 2 is validated :white_check_mark:

:white_check_mark: Develop a voxel slicer to enable direct Multi-LAND import from .vox files

• Magic Palette is able to open .vox files as big as 3x3 lands made with multiple models, and export functional .lpk files that can be loaded in the GM

:white_check_mark: Establish a database featuring over 1200 high-quality BLOCKs available for free use

• The current available library is above 1300 blocks (not counting TSB blocks) and growing.

:white_check_mark: Enhance the search and filtering capabilities in the BLOCK library

• It is possible to search filters by Name and keywords
  • Magic Palette now lets you import specific libraries for faster loading times and focused work.

:white_check_mark: Write a knowledge base and set up a product support channel for the app

:white_check_mark: Initial testing phase with The Sandbox Level Design Team

• There has been ongoing collaboration with the Sand Rush team. Feedback from The Sandbox side including the Level design team is documented and tracked. The SR team has been improving Magic Palette based in the feedback.
5 Likes