๐Ÿ”Š Become a Delegate for the Sandbox DAO โ€” Shape Our Future!

We are excited to announce the opening of delegate positions for the Sandbox DAO! This is a unique opportunity for those who are passionate about the future of our ecosystem and wish to play a more direct role in our governance.

What is a Delegate?

Delegates are voting on SIP on behalf of community members who decided to delegate their voting power to them. They play a crucial role in the decision-making process.

Why Become a Delegate?

1. Influence: As a delegate, you will have a significant impact on the strategic direction of our ecosystem
  2. Recognition: Delegates will be recognized on our platform with a dedicated profile, showcasing your commitment and influence within the community
  3. Community: Engage more deeply with the Sandbox community, working alongside like-minded individuals dedicated to our collective success

How to Apply?

1. Fill out this application.
  2. Review our Code of Conduct.
  3. Our project management team will review applications to verify that the candidates meet the necessary criteria for becoming a delegate. The Top 12 verified will be featured on the Sandbox DAO Delegation page.
  4. Criteria for Selection:
  • Understand the DAOโ€™s mission and governance
  • Committed to acting in the best interest of the community.

If you are committed to the growth and governance of Sandbox, we strongly encourage you to apply. Help us create a more inclusive, decentralized, and effective governance process.

For more details, please visit the FAQs or engage with us directly on this thread for any questions or discussions.

We look forward to seeing your applications and welcoming new delegates to our growing community!

Warm Regards,
The DAO Team

1 Like

Applied!

I know a lot of delegations have been waiting on this. Iโ€™ll spread the word to BOTB, WHALE, and Mocaverse

1 Like

@Lanzer , according to the terms and conditions of the delegation, if I am not mistaken delegates cannot submit SIPs. Do not know if this retro-active.

Hey KCL! Yeah I saw that too. Depending how itโ€™s interpreted, Iโ€™ll have a decision to make. :slightly_smiling_face:

What about you, are you going to apply? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I did. Lets see what would be the outcome.

Nice. Well good luck! Weโ€™ll both see what happens

@Geraldine So I started delving into delegations because I didnโ€™t know much about them. I ran across this interesting podcast from 2 years ago. Both are experienced DAO and Delegation organizers.

One of them mentions that 75% of all Compound DAO delegates have never voted on a proposal. They recommended that delegate leaders be rotated every once in awhile to prevent stagnation.

I donโ€™t fully understand the mechanics behind how Sandbox DAO is doing itโ€™s delegations, but is it possible to rotate delegate leaders?

1 Like

Hi @Lanzer, thanks for your feedback. To encourage maximum involvement from the verified delegates, they will be showcased on the DAO website. These profiles are selected based on a thorough evaluation of each delegateโ€™s experience and motivation. Each delegate is given a score out of 5, evaluated across three key criteria: experience, forum activity, and their voting record.

We believe this approach will help ensure that the most active and committed delegates represent the community.
Additionally, as outlined in our code of conduct:

Delegates are expected to actively participate in the governance process by voting on all proposals and engaging with the community in the SIP threads. This ensures that the voting power theyโ€™ve been entrusted with is used effectively.

Should a Verified Delegate fail to vote on a SIP, the DAO team will reach out to address the situation and ensure continued engagement.

1 Like

It would be an absolute honour to become an official delegation, would we need delegation representatives? And if yes , how many?