Lanzer SIP #1 - Enable Window Resizing & Resolution Options

Submitted to sip@sandboxdao.com on 2024 June 19

Summary

• Request that the Sandbox (TSB) Development Team prioritize updating the graphics settings to allow for window resizing & resolution options for the Game Maker, VoxEdit, Sandbox Launcher, and Sandbox Game Client. The Sandbox Game Client allows for resolution options for some computer setups, but larger monitors still have a restriction to a single resolution.

SIP #1 proposal image resizing border transparent red border
SIP #2 proposal image change resolution alt red box

MetaWorlds Logo Full Color

Lanzer SIPs:

1. Enable Window Resizing & Resolution Options
  2. Creating a Roadmap for Sandbox Releases
  3. Insert In-game Inventory Filter for Equipment
  4. A Study of Revenue Options for the Sandbox DAO
  5. The SandDex - A list of top Landowners & SAND holders + public ways to contact them
  6. The SANDDAO Podcast - An educational & news show about the Sandbox DAO

@Lanzer , I indeed appreciate the effort to bring the need for features to the DAO. However, I will go through all these SIP ideas and communicate my opinion in the same way.

So, I do understand the implication of the DAO, but not in the Alpha phase related to future features.

Why Daniel?

Suggesting features now, during the Alpha phase, implies that we know more than the actual developers of the GM architecture, the platform goals, and the resources needed to achieve those objectivesā€”which isnā€™t true. We canā€™t define what the developers need to do as a SIP.

We have a proper channel to deal with suggestions, bug reports, and other related communications for this purpose with TSB developers.

Therefore, I believe that at this moment, with the GM, VoxEdit, and the platform still under construction, TSB has the best people and the most knowledge to define the direction. We, as Creators, can hope to release a good game.

As I explained, I am not in favor bringing this kind of SIPs related to core features to the DAO, but Iā€™ll help you anyways:

Just to help you out, because if you want to continue with this, even without real Creators participation, you could have many many many many, like 1000, many many, many SIPs to make hereā€¦ infinite fun. Maybe internally with TSB, you can also get an almost endless list of suggestion proposals for susgestions to website, voxedit, gamemaker and client.

• You will find many good proposals in the Creators Forum at the following link:
    [šŸ‘¾ Game Maker Features - The Sandbox - Creators]

• You can also collect dozens of good proposals in the TSB Discord tab called game-maker-feedback.

• At Discord If you also interact in the creatorsā€™ channels, I think you can also get a truckload of good and highly necessary ideas.

Here, Iā€™m just trying to share my opinion as a professional developer in GameMaker and VoxEdit for two and a half years. I think that this kind of proposal to the DAO can have a very positive impact in the future, when beta or launch.

Thank you Lanzer!
Dankoyy

1 Like

I appreciate you sharing your opinion, dankoyy. I think these kind of SIPs are inevitable. Seb and Cryil mentioned that the DAO is intended to replace TSB in governing the direction of Sandbox game, so the DAO will end up doing something like this, even if itā€™s years down the road.

Thank you for the response.

Since this is the same technical case as Lanzer SIP 3, I will continue the conversation with you through Lanzer SIP 3.

Cheers!

1 Like

Okay! That sounds good to me! They are similar conversations.