Lanzer SIP #4 - A Study of Revenue Options for the Sandbox DAO

Submitted to sip@sandboxdao.com on 2024 July 21.

Summary

This SIP proposes to commission a team of professionals to create a realistic plan for the Sandbox DAO to establish a sustainable cash flow. This SIP will result in a researched list of revenue options and a plan to implement them if approved by future SIPs. This proposal reflects our desire to be responsible stewards of the DAO’s health and longevity.

The Sandbox DAO is given a yearly allowance by the TSB. SIP-3 approved a 15.5M SAND budget for the DAO, and two months later, expenses already total nearly 10% of the budget (1.1M SAND). In Cyril’s appearance on the Decentralized Podcast in July 2024, he confirmed the DAO will be given 25M SAND next December by the TSB.

Our team doesn’t have access to Sandbox DAO’s queue of SIPs, but looking at SIP Ideas & SIP Drafts on the forums, we can estimate the number at 16.

Conclusion: With an average SIP cost of 281K SAND (calculated from the below screenshot), we can project 16 SIPs will cost 4.5M SAND, which consumes 31% of the DAO’s remaining 14.3M SAND budget.

Lanzer SIPs:

1. Enable Window Resizing & Resolution Options
  2. Creating a Roadmap for Sandbox Releases
  3. Insert In-game Inventory Filter for Equipment
  4. A Study of Revenue Options for the Sandbox DAO
  5. The SandDex - A list of top Landowners & SAND holders + public ways to contact them
  6. The SANDDAO Podcast - An educational & news show about the Sandbox DAO
3 Likes

I know a while back Sandbox said that a portion of marketplace fees would go to the DAO, have you heard anything about that still being on the table?

I haven’t heard much on it, no. But I think I’ll add what you said to the list and have the team investigate the mechanics of how that would work.

1 Like

Submitted to Sandbox DAO team on July 21st, 2024.

1 Like

Hello Lanzer,

First of all, I appreciate your involvement. You go deeper in the discussion, it’s interesting. (Some resonance with the point 6)

About SIP
1-I don’t see any issue so why ?
2- yes
3- why not/more yes thanks no
4-it could be usefull , the pros need to speak about that
5-no, but curious about why ?
6- probably useful but no, no need to use dao fund for that imo.

As i said at the beginning, I appreciate what you do , I just share my opinion.

#5 Because it is very hard to reach 30 million counting per. The past 3 SIPs barely made it to 30M and one SIP failed because it didn’t reach quorum.

#6 I’m pushing out useful content for the DAO and I think it would be a worthy use of DAO funds.

1 Like